“𝕿𝖍𝖊𝖞 𝖈𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖙 𝖔𝖓 𝖆𝖓 𝖎𝖈𝖞 𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖉, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖟𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝖜𝖊𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖗 𝖒𝖊𝖓.”
On an alternative time line we explore the dark ages,
One small village still holds out against the invaders.
Whether a Viking, a warrior, a princess or king…A Viking Thing will see you all sing!
Experience battles, beards, swords, archery, meat and ale.
The village market will trade all day! Purchase wares, fill your bellies, dance and get merry on mead.
Visit Floki’s boatyard, experience a Viking funeral, dress in your best Viking vestments and come raid and pillage with the Alter Egos clan!
Early Bird (online only) R50
Adults Online: R70
Kids (under 12 and over 3) online: R30
Last Minute Dot Com Adults Online: R80
Last Minute Dot com Kids Online: R40
Adults on the day: R100
Kids on the day (under 12 and over 3): R50
PARKING: R20 per car
Toddlers and babies are free.
Dogs and berserkers to be kept on leashes at all times.
• Viking Games: Archery, Axe throwing, Kubb (viking chess), toga hönk (seated tug-of-war) and tug-of war (standing) and the farmer’s walk!
• Eat, drink and be merry – feasting, mead and ale.
• Test your wits with the Viking Quiz!
• Are you Viking Enough to beat the (in)famous Snorting Boar Smoker Eoin’s Tankard Chilli-Chugging-Challenge?
• Create your Viking age persona’s clothing and enter the Viking Vestment Contest
• Enter the Viking Quest – go a-viking and bring home the Hoard!
• … and more!
“A thing /ˈθɪŋ/ was the governing assembly of a northern Germanic society, made up of the free people of the community presided over by lawspeakers. The word appears in Old Norse, Old English, and modern Icelandic.”